.9th March 2008. A Wedding Memoire.

Hmm... What's with the date? Hehee.. It was another wedding ceremony of one of my closest schoolmate way back in high school. It was Masyarinah's wedding with her fiancee, Rojileham or Roy for short. She's the 2nd friend from my circle of friends to get hitched so far. The first was Yani, and now her. Next would probably be Jas, as she is already engaged. Unlike me, I'm still single at the moment.

I got her invitation a week earlier before the big day. Too bad, her Nikah ceremony clashed with Airnie's wedding. And so, I missed seeing her Nikah because I was in charge of taking video at Airnie's wedding. Yani and Jas went to her place. I felt awkward though, having to miss one of my friend's big day, especially when she is close to me. I decided to just go to her Malam Berbedak but since Yani and Jas couldn't make it, so I did not go. I didn't want to go on my own without them going as well. But we finally came to a decision that we would only attend her wedding day; together.

Bought Masyarinah a wedding present two days before her big day; a toaster. It was simple and affordable. My mum paid for it anyway, not me. Hehe.. there was no way I could afford one. I'm jobless and broke, remember? Haha.. Got it wrapped nicely in a cool wrapping paper, so beautiful to give it away with. hehe..

Yani and Jas picked me up that Sunday. Yani told me to get ready before 11:45am and I was unusually ready before that time. I was waiting for her instead; and she kept me waiting enough! They finally arrived at about 12pm and we headed straightaway to the wedding ceremony. The place was already packed with people and most of the parking spaces had been filled in! We had to park far away from the house; only a few houses away though.. but still makes you sweat walking under the hot sun especially in the kind of attire that you would wear to a wedding. We went straight up to her room; we were stopped halfway through the stairs by one of her family members, trying to redirect our way to where we were supposed to be seated at. Perhaps it was her auntie; an older one. hehe.. But Yani told her that we were the 'friends' and that we wanted to see her (the bride). Only then we were let in. hehe..

I was amazed; and astonished. Hehe.. Her room was soooooo nice.. and cold. So perfect for a new room. I couldn't stop my eyes from looking around the room. Everything was sooooo right in place, neat and yet very smart. The furnitures inside her room were perfectly and neatly arranged, making the room looked more spacious that it actually was. We handed over our presents and talked for a while. We had the chance to reminisce our old school times though. Soon, we headed down to our seats. Gee was there earlier; she was seated early in one of those 'special-booked' place. Our seats were apparently taken, since we were late! Hm... Gee was supposed to book for us but then again, she couldn't do anything about it. And so we had to sit across the house, together with the public strangers. I mean, not from our circle of friends. hehe.. It was extremely hot; but we managed to keep our cool. Abidah was there too, and helll.. I couldn't even recognize her in the first place when I entered the room. She looked different.. she's 5mths pregnant now by the way. Maybe that explained her difference. hehe..

So.. The ceremony went well.. The family members greeted the guests; later it was followed by a Doa Selamat (prayers) before we could actually eat. After a while, a voice was heard through the speaker; speaking on behalf of the wedded couple and family..thanking the guests for coming and finally inviting them to the feast. Yani, Jas, Abby and I started eating as well; we were also hungry.. hehehe..

Some of the guests had started to leave after eating but we stayed back to take pictures with the wedding couple. The groom had not arrived yet and so we still had to wait. We took few pictures while waiting. Azlan and Amir came into the picture; we sat back again and started talking. In a few minutes, the groom, Roy had finally arrived. Dressed in dark pink, he made his way out of the car and straight to the front door of the house. He was asked to walk in circles for 3 times as part of our traditional wedding ceremony and later greeted at the doorstep.

He then came in and walked his way through to the pelamin to where Rinah was sitting. An Imam who was with him placed his hands on top of the bride's head and both shoulders as.. I don't know. Hehe... The bride then 'salam' the groom's hand (who has become her husband) as a show of respect of love. *sniffs* Then, doa selamat was again read by the Imam in front of everyone. They were then called husband and wife. :))

They went out of the house to show the guests who were still waiting outside to see them. Many of them took pictures; especially the couple's friends. I also did not want to miss the golden chance and also took pictures of the very memorable moment. We took pictures together with the couple before making our journey home...

Yani sent off Jas first before sending me home. We stopped over at a local store on the way to Jas's house to get something to quench our thirsts. We were so thirsty back then. Hehe.. Upon arrival to Jas's house, nobody was there except for her Mum. We went down for a while and looked at Jas's engagement pictures. It was beautiful. Jas was.. hehe.. but she looked different in make up; though looked good. Her mum served us drinks while we were there. hehe.. Yani was in a hurry and so we left. I arrived home at around 2pm and thanked Yani for sending me off. *sigh* It was such a day.. We hadn't meet each other for a long time, and that we had met, it felt like we need a lot of catching ups to do. It has been ages, I think. We took photos together as a remembrance of our old friendship. Time passed so quickly. In a short time, Azlan will tie the knot with Zety.. and who knows who'll be next??

Photos at the wedding:



0 comments: