Jolly-Sunday.

*feels refreshed* Hmmmm~ Just got myself refreshed from coming back. Yeah.. I was out with my sisters- went to Gadong to watch the Kristal Kids Idol. JUST to watch them compete. Woke up early this morning, making sure that I didn't wanna miss the show for the second time. But after too many hassles, we finally left home around 1:15pm which was 15 more minutes before the show started. Stopped by a small shop to get something to drink as I was so thirsty and straight away switched places with my sister, Ct- asked her to drive instead. Didn't feel good that time. Reached Gadong by 1:30pm- the road was already jammed with cars. There were not many empty parking spaces. Had to go around the place before we finally parked our car just along the road not far from DeeJay shop. I quickly made my way up to the 2nd level where the competition was held. On the way rushing towards the escalator, I was halted by an MC who was hosting the day's travel fair, named Frankie. He was giving out questions to the fair's quizzes which gave away so many interesting prizes. He was asking what Brunei tourism line for this year was, and immediately raised his eyebrows and shoved the microphone he was holding into my face. I was a bit surprised and unsure of the answer but said it anyway, "Is it Kenali Negara Kitani?" with a hope that I might win. Hahah!! Too bad it wasn't the right answer! My sisters told me the answer on our way up and by that time I felt like going back down to the ground floor but Frankie was already somewhere far. Just not my luck, I guess. hehe..

Reached 2nd floor, and the place was whoaaaaaaa~ full of people!! It was a bit packed that we had to squeeze our way through the front just to get a closer and better look of the participants. I just stood at the very last row, trying to stand on my toes, hoping that I would get better shots of them singing using my camera. Thank god, my camera was okay and I managed to get some good shots of the kristal kids singing. But some of the pictures were blur enough to spoil everything. It was hot and my feet was getting tired standing on heels. I could have cramped my leg if I stood too long. The place became noisy and merrier as soon as the last finalist came out to perform. It was Farah and she sang Tak Ada Logika from Agnes Monica. She was cute- she even had her own tagline which was Rock Sexy!! Cute!! There was a group of supporters, sticking out some banner of her name some more- I think it was her family members. There were screams, shouts of her name when she appreared on stage, even more when she sang!! I wish I brought my video with me that time and could get her recorded!! At least those people who had missed it can enjoy watching her perform. hehe.. very exctiting.

After ten finalists had performed, we were again entertained by additional performances from last year's winners- Pei Pei, Bina and Evlin(?) I don't remember the last name. Hehe, sorry. But boy was I entertained by them. They really had such beautiful voice, especially Evlyn. The MC was great as well, she did a very good job (Dj Honey). It followed with the certificate presentation ceremony- the judges were also presented with certificates for doing their work as judges. Last but not least, the prize presentation for the winners. Farah won the Best Performance where she scored full mark of 25 out of 25. Coool!! I think she really had gotten the audience's attention really well!! hehe.. I couldn't hear the names of the winners really well due to the excitement of the audience but I did take their pictures- I promise I'll try to look for it later. Don't worry~ hehe..

The banner placed at the entrance

Dj Honey (MC) with the only MALE participant..

The audience

More and more people..

The other side of the floor..

Bridget singing her song..

Isma, with her bautiful voice singing Matahari Ku

A performance from last year's winner~

The banner supporting Farah~
ROCK SEXYY!!

Pei Pei (2nd winner from last year's) singing Kesepian

#1 Winner Kristal Kids Idol 2007
Evlyn singing Obsession from Shakira

Prize presentation to the Best Performance, Farah~

Consolation prize

3rd place..

2nd...

Bridget.. the 1st winner!!

Bridget again, holding her certificate..

Group photo of all the top ten finalists..

Later we went back to where the travel fair was, trying to get something good. My sisters went to get something from the car and so I was on my own then. Met my old schoolmate Shamsul. He used to go to the same school as I did, same class to be exact. We talked about stuffs, updating each other. While we were talking, my friend Jashimah came into the picture. She said Hi and talked for a bit since she was kinda in a hurry. She left. hehe..


The Travel Fair, from topview..

Went to the bank there, wanting to close my account. Too bad they asked for my savings account book which is no longer in my possession. Due to that, I wasn't able to close my account, which I have to make a police report before proceeding. After a long discussion, I decided to just leave my account just like that like some other people do when they no longer need their accounts. It's much more better than way rather tan troubling myself to the police station for a report. *sigh*

I went to Giordano- window shopped for some shirts they had there on sale. Lots of them looked attractive and tempting to me- with discounted prices some more. I was only asking if they had plain black shirts because I wanna do some printing on it- perhaps it was not just my day that the shirts were already sold out - the ones left were the ones with less quality shirts. There were some new cool tees though and it really got my attention and they had my size! haha... I ended up buying them! No, it's actually one of them, because my money was only enough to pay for one though. hehe.. I wanted to buy 2 shirts in the first place because I thought by closing my account I could have my $50 refunded back since my balance was left with $50 only!! Pity me huh?? But things were the other round. haha.. well, at least I got one and there's always tomorrow to get more. hehe... Payday's tomorrow, yayeee!! I'll get the other shirt tomorrow!

My sisters came back from wherever they were and we gathered around together before leaving the Mall. My other sister, BB was not there yet so while waiting for her we joined the Cubic Cube Challenge. Me with my two sisters, together with Laila my sis's bf took part in the challenge. It was a cubic cube coloured with so many colours and our job was to arrange the RED small boxes in each row.


The cubic Cube..

Later, the other girl turned out to win 1st place and Laila came 2nd, thanks to his friend who helped him out. Me and my other sisters didn't win at all, but we were given prizes participating. It was just a pen for the 3 of us and a book full of post its for Laila. Thanks to ABACUS!! hehe...
Left the Mall by 5:30pm- stopped by Jollibee to get some french fries and finally reached just 10 minutes before six. It was such a day..a jolly one! *smile*

0 comments: